Sri Lanka detects another 19 cases of Delta variant
19 new COVID-19 patients with the highly-contagious Indian variant known as Delta have been detected in several areas in the country, Deputy Director General of Health Services Dr Hemantha Herath said.
He added that the variant was detected from samples obtained in Colombo, Piliyandala, Jaffna and Killinochchi areas.
Accordingly, a total of 38 Covid-19 cases of the Delta variant have been identified in the country thus far, Dr. Hemantha Herath said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023