Sri Lanka Government issued Gazette declaring Power supply, Fuel distribution essential
Sri Lanka Government has issued an extraordinary gazette notification declaring electricity, fuel, health services as essential services.
The gazette notification was issued by the President’s Secretary, E.M.S.B. Ekanayake.
Accordingly, the following services have been declared as essential by order of the President of Sri Lanka:
1. All services connected to the supply of electricity.
2. The supply or distribution of petroleum products and fuel.
3. All service, work or labour, of any description whatsoever, necessary or required to be done in connection with the maintenance, and the reception, care feeding, and treatment, of patients in hospitals, nursing homes, dispensaries, and other similar institutions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023