Sajith Premadasa proposed Charitha Herath to be reappointed to the COPE
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa proposed Professor Charitha Herath be re-appointed to the Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE).
Sajith Premadasa further said in Parliament today (October 04) that he had previously proposed the name of Dr. Harsha De Silva from Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) to represent the COPE from his party.
However, SJB leader Sajith Premadasa said that since MP Harsha De Silva has decided to voluntarily step down from COPE, he would re-nominate MP Charitha Herath, the former Chairman of the COPE for that vacancy.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024