Sri Lanka issues travel advisory on visit to Tamil Nadu
The Government of Sri Lanka whilst condemning assaults on Sri Lankan nationals in Tamil Nadu, India requests Sri Lankan nationals to exercise caution when undertaking visits to the State of Tamil Nadu in India.
The Government of Sri Lanka regrets the recent incidents of intimidation of Sri Lankan nationals particularly instances of violent assaults against Buddhist Monks in Thanjavur and at the Central Chennai Railway Station, India.
Ministry of External Affairs has lodged strong protests with the Indian Government through its High Commission in New Delhi and the Deputy High Commission in Chennai over the incidents of assaults on Sri Lankan Buddhist monks in the State of Tamil Nadu.
The Government of Sri Lanka whilst condemning such assaults carried out by extreme elements with vested interests in attempting to tarnish our friendly relations with India, is constrained to request Sri Lankan nationals to exercise caution when undertaking visits to the State of Tamil Nadu in India.
In the event such visits were to take place to Tamil Nadu due to compelling reasons, Sri Lankan nationals are requested to keep the Sri Lanka Deputy High Commission in Chennai informed well in advance. Contact details of the Sri Lanka Deputy High Commission in Chennai are as follows:
56, Sterling Road, Nungambakkam
Chennai – 600 034
Office Telephone Numbers
0091 44 28241896
0091 44 28252612
0091 44 28241047
0091 44 28241894
0091 44 28254242
E Mail: email@example.com
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023