Sri Lanka kicks off COVID-19 vaccination drive
Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 vaccination drive was kicked off this morning and three soldiers in the frontline of fighting COVID-19 were vaccinated with COVISHIELD vaccine at the Army Hospital in Colombo.
The vaccine consignment arrived from India and was ceremoniously handed over to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa by the Indian High Commissioner yesterday.
The vaccines were then taken to the Central Vaccine Store in Colombo before being distributed to Colombo National Hospital, Colombo North Teaching Hospital, Colombo South Teaching Hospital, Homagama Base Hospital, Colombo East Base Hospital and IDH.
This COVISHIELD vaccine will be injected in two doses per person.
From tomorrow, it will be taken to other area hospitals and all Army Hospitals to be vaccinated.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023