Sri Lanka launch first satellite
Posted in Local News
SupremeSAT (Pvt) Ltd. signed the investment agreement with the Board of Investment yesterday with very ambitious plans to take Sri Lanka into the global space race.
With an initial investment of USD 20 million which will be further increased up to USD 320 million, the company’s long-term plan is to utilize the Planned Orbital Slot of Sri Lanka, which is located at 50 degrees East and launch SupremeSAT – the country’s first ever telecommunications satellite.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023