Sri Lanka launches global marketing for Ceylon Tea
The Sri Lankan Tea Board launched on Wednesday a global marketing campaign for Ceylon Tea, a minister here said on Wednesday.
Addressing a function to mark the launch of the promotion campaign, Plantation Industries Minister Navin Dissanayake said the campaign aimed to re-establish the premium position of Ceylon Tea in 12 priority markets and reinforce its association with the Lion Logo, the symbol of premium quality.
Ceylon Tea has been cherished by tea connoisseurs all over the world for over 150 years, he said.
“Ceylon Tea continues to attract a premium in the global market and is in the top five exports for Sri Lanka,” Dissanayake said.
To sustain and grow Ceylon Tea’s market share, Sri Lanka needs to be more aggressive in the approach to attracting new consumer segments and standing out in the beverage market.
Tea is grown mainly in the central hills of Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023