Sri Lanka Navy arrests 73 Indian fishermen poaching in Sri Lankan waters
Sri Lanka Navy arrested 73 Indian fishermen along with 16 Indian fishing trawlers poaching well within in Sri Lankan waters on 07th June 2014.
41 Indian fishermen along with 08 Indian fishing trawlers engaged in poaching in the seas North of Thalaimannar were arrested by naval craft attached to the North Central Naval Command on routine patrol. Mean while 32 Indian fishermen and 08 Indian fishing trawlers engaged in poaching in the seas off Delft were arrested by SLNS Ranawickrama and naval craft attached to the Northern Naval Command on routine patrol.
The arrested fishermen were handed over to the officials of the Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in Thalaimannar and KKS for further action.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023