Sri Lanka Navy arrests 73 Indian fishermen poaching in Sri Lankan waters
Sri Lanka Navy arrested 73 Indian fishermen along with 16 Indian fishing trawlers poaching well within in Sri Lankan waters on 07th June 2014.
41 Indian fishermen along with 08 Indian fishing trawlers engaged in poaching in the seas North of Thalaimannar were arrested by naval craft attached to the North Central Naval Command on routine patrol. Mean while 32 Indian fishermen and 08 Indian fishing trawlers engaged in poaching in the seas off Delft were arrested by SLNS Ranawickrama and naval craft attached to the Northern Naval Command on routine patrol.
The arrested fishermen were handed over to the officials of the Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in Thalaimannar and KKS for further action.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
What’s the point of arresting them if the President in his wisdom cows down to India and releases them and the trawlers a week or two later? The whole exercise is spurious. Big mama will encourage them to encroach more in order to create hostility more with the new Indian Govt.