Wimal to meet SLFP seniors
Minister of Construction, Engineering Services and Common Amenities, Wimal Weerawansa, said he expects to have a dialogue with the leaders of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) within the next two weeks. He stressed if he does not get a satisfactory response to his 12-point policy proposal, his party will take a decision to follow an independent political policy.
Speaking to Ceylon Today, Minister Weerawansa said, “I have been informed that the President has asked Minister Susil Premajayantha yesterday to convene a meeting of SLFP seniors to discuss our 12-point proposal. The President has agreed to discuss the outcome of that meeting at a subsequent meeting with us.”
He further said Premajayantha, who is also the General Secretary of the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA), later informed him about the current position regarding this matter.
When asked about his non-participation in seven Cabinet meetings he said he was occupied with several important tasks. “However, I will take part in the next Cabinet meeting,” he said.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023