Wimal to meet SLFP seniors
Minister of Construction, Engineering Services and Common Amenities, Wimal Weerawansa, said he expects to have a dialogue with the leaders of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) within the next two weeks. He stressed if he does not get a satisfactory response to his 12-point policy proposal, his party will take a decision to follow an independent political policy.
Speaking to Ceylon Today, Minister Weerawansa said, “I have been informed that the President has asked Minister Susil Premajayantha yesterday to convene a meeting of SLFP seniors to discuss our 12-point proposal. The President has agreed to discuss the outcome of that meeting at a subsequent meeting with us.”
He further said Premajayantha, who is also the General Secretary of the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA), later informed him about the current position regarding this matter.
When asked about his non-participation in seven Cabinet meetings he said he was occupied with several important tasks. “However, I will take part in the next Cabinet meeting,” he said.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023