Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa says won’t resign
Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa claims he is prepared to hand over governance to any faction that is able to declare a 113 majority in Parliament.
The President expressed his views during the Parliamentary Group meeting of the government.
President Rajapaksa held continuous political meetings yesterday (April 04) amidst public protests throughout the nation, calling on the President and government to resign, and informed political parties that he will not step down from the Presidency but will hand over the government to whoever that holds 113 seats in Parliament.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023