Sri Lanka to launch Cargo Ferry Service between Kankesanthurai and Tamil Nadu
The Sri Lankan Cabinet of Ministers have granted its approval to launch a cargo ferry service between Kankesanthurai (KKS) and the Karaikal Port, and Port of Pondicherry in Tamil Nadu.
Sri Lankan Fisheries Minister Douglas Devananda said yesterday (June 27) he will make arrangements to begin initial work on the service soon.
He said that a Cargo Boat Service will also commence thereafter.
The Minister said that the service will allow Sri Lankans access to fuel, fertiliser, milk powder, and other essentials including medicines, at a low cost.
The Minister said that air transportation between Palali, Trichy and Chennai will begin on 1st of July this year.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023