Energy Minister left for Qatar for talks on fuel imports
Sri Lanka’s Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera and Minister of Environment Ahamed Nazeer have left for Qatar this morning (June 28) to hold talks over the importation of fuel.
The two lawmakers are expected to engage in discussions with Qatari officials on supplying fuel to Sri Lanka.
Meanwhile, Minister Susil Premajayantha, former Sri Lankan Ambassador to Russia Saman Weerasinghe and several officials are scheduled to leave for Moscow, Russia on Sunday to hold talks to solve Sri Lanka’s energy crisis.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023