Sri Lankan Airlines recommences flghts to Zurich
Sri Lankan Airlines recommenced flights to Zurich, the latest destinatio in the continuous expansion of its global route network, yesterday. Zurich was served by Sri Lanka’s National Carrier for a quarter of a centure from 1980. It was suspended in 2005 due to ‘a global slump in air travel.’
Zurich was served by Sri Lanka’s National Carrier for a quarter of a century from 1980, but the service was suspended in 2005 owing to a global slump in air travel.
According to SriLankan Airlines Chairman, Nishantha Wickremasinghe it will significantly strengthen their services to travelers in central Europe, a market with great potential for Sri Lanka Tourism.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023