Sri Lankan Protestors ordered to vacate Galle Face protest site
Sri Lanka Police on today (August 03) informed the protestors at Galle Face to remove all illegally set up tents and temporary shelters on Government & Urban Development Authority property before 5:00 PM on Friday (August 5).
In addition, Police have also requested them to remove the cultivations at the Galle Face protest site as well.
The law enforcement authorities stressed that legal action would be sought against those who fail to comply with the instructions.
In an announcement, the Galle Face occupants were urged to behave in a manner that is in compliance with the country’s law and not to oppress the members of the public.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023