Sri Lankan rupee hits record low
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lankan rupee fell to an all-time low on Wednesday with the selling price of the US Dollar reaching 163.3676 for the first time in the country’s history.
The buying price has been recorded as 160.1636 according to the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL).
This is considered as the first time in history that the selling and buying prices of the US Dollar have surpassed the 160 and 163 marks respectively.
This marks the 12th straight session of setting fresh record lows by the Sri Lankan rupee.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023