Sri Lanka’s environmental performance improving – US survey
Sri Lanka’s overall environmental performance is improving and the country has been ranked as a modest performer according to a study on global environment released during this year’s World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland last week.
Sri Lanka has been ranked at the 55th place, six places below the United States which is ranked at 49th, in the 2012 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) prepared by the Yale University in the United States.
According to authors of the study, conducted by Yale in association with the World Economic Forum, the Environmental Performance Index (EPI) and Pilot Trend EPI (Trend EPI) rank 132 countries on 22 performance indicators in ten policy categories that reflect facets of Environmental Health and Ecosystem Vitality.
In Environmental Health Sri Lanka ranked at the 71st and at 60th place in Ecosystem Vitality.
Overall India ranked at the 125th place out of the 132 countries studied.
Switzerland was at the top of the list with the best environment.
For full report please visit:
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023