Sri Lanka’s Financial City to pave way for future economic growth, says expert
Sri Lanka’s plans for establishing a Colombo International Financial City will pave way for future economic growth and is a symbol of confidence, a leading European official said here Thursday.
Dr. Patrick Dixon, a globally acclaimed futurist and a growth strategist, addressing a forum at the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce said that with a highly skilled workforce and strategic location, Sri Lanka had a great future, as part of Asia’s rapid rise in global influence and power over the next 50 years.
Dixon said he was very upbeat about Sri Lanka’s future and its culture of innovation.
Sri Lanka’s Colombo International Financial City, earlier known as the Colombo Port City is funded by China and is Sri Lanka’s largest Foreign Direct Investment.
The Sri Lankan government recently said the mega multi billion dollar project, or the center of the maritime city, will be one of the key phenomenon to decide the future development of Sri Lanka.
The project will also fuel the planned Maritime city, Aero city, Tech city, Industrial cities and Tourist cities.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Noway without low cost electricity from coal
This City as financial Hub will most likely house the ‘expert’ share market manipulators from the upper crust of society.
Every cent earned will be transported to overseas havens to enable the manipulators to own French Villas and Luxury penthouses in Dubai.
The manipulated earnings will not be utilised to provide opportunity to the struggling men and women and boys and girls making up the middle class.
The next President (if there is one) will be Trump of the Wonder of Asia.