Sri Lanka’s inflation climbed to 60.8% in July – CCPI
Sri Lanka’s inflation climbed to 60.8% in July 2022 while the inflation grew by 4.5% in July, in contrast with June 2022, indicates the Colombo Consumer Price Index (CCPI).
Inflation climbed primarily due to transport, restaurants and hotels, fish, rice and utilities.
Food inflation increased 90.9% while non food inflation increased 46.5% year-on-year (Y-o-Y).
Significantly, the largest monthly increase has been recorded in the transport sector, from 128% in June to 143.6% in July.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023