Sri Lanka’s Police Chief to appear before Human Rights Commission
The Inspector General of Police C.D. Wickramaratne is expected to appear before the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka over the assault on journalists during the protest in Mirihana last Thursday (March 31).
The decision to summon the IGP was reached following a meeting of the Human Rights Commission that was held on Sunday (April 03), which was attended by all members.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023