Sri Lanka’s Silva joins West Indies tour after funeral
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka all-rounder Dhananjaya de Silva rejoined the national team touring the West Indies after attending his father’s funeral, officials said on Monday.
Ranjan de Silva, a local politician, was gunned down in a Colombo suburb 10 days ago on the eve of the team’s departure.
“National player Dhananjaya De Silva left the country on June 3 evening to join the team in West Indies,” Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement.
The three-Test tour starts on Wednesday at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Sri Lanka are also missing opener Dimuth Karunaratne who fractured a finger while batting in the nets earlier last month.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023