Sri Lanka’s Udeshika becomes No 1 T20I bowler
Sri Lanka’s Udeshika Prabhodhani has jumped five places to become the No 1 bowler for the first-time ever, the latest ICC Women’s Player Rankings for T20I Bowlers show.
The rankings were released on Wednesday at the end of the group stage of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 2014 in Sylhet.
Prabodhani, who claimed five wickets at an average of 9.40 and an economy of 3.35, has 657 ratings points, her best ever.
The left-arm medium-pacer now leads No 2 ranked New Zealand’s Morna Nielsen by five rating points. Nielsen moved up a place to a career-best second. The most impressive jump was that of Bangladesh captain Salma Khatun, who jumped 18 places to a best-ever third place with career-best 643 ratings points.
Khatun picked up six wickets from four matches at an average of 10.33 and economy rate of 3.87. (thenews.com.pk)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023