State of Emergency abolished
The country-wide state of emergency declared in Sri Lanka was abolished last night (May 20).
On the 6th of May, the state of emergency was declared by Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa via an Extraordinary Gazette notification in the interest of public security, the preservation of public order and the maintenance of supplies and services essential to the life of the community.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023