State of Emergency abolished
Posted in Local News
The country-wide state of emergency declared in Sri Lanka was abolished last night (May 20).
On the 6th of May, the state of emergency was declared by Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa via an Extraordinary Gazette notification in the interest of public security, the preservation of public order and the maintenance of supplies and services essential to the life of the community.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023