Station Masters’ Union began a 24-hour token strike from last night
Posted in Local News
The Railway Station Masters’ Union (RSMU) commenced a 24 hour token strike from midnight yesterday (January 12).
RSMU President Sumedha Somaratne stated that the trade union action has been initiated based on several demands including the arbitrary cancellation of long distance train services without prior notice.
Train journeys have been cancelled a few hours before their scheduled departure time, after seats are reserved, he complained.
“This is something the administration is doing on purpose. We suspect that the General Manager of Railways is aware of this.”
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023