Stay order issued on execution of arrest warrant on Kurunegala Mayor
The Court of Appeal today issued an interim injunction order preventing the execution of the warrants issued for the arrest of Mayor of Kurunegala Thushara Sanjeewa and four others over the ‘Kings Court’ building demolition case.
The order was delivered by Appeals Court’s bench consisting of its President, Justice A.H.M.D. Nawaz and Justice Sobhitha Rajakaruna, after taking up the writ petitions filed by the Kurunegala Mayor and others challenging the arrest warrant issued on them.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023