Subrahmanyam Jaishankar says India trying to extend medical help to Sri Lanka
Indian External Affairs Minister Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar responded to the suspension of scheduled surgeries and shortage of medicines at Peradeniya Teaching Hospital in Sri Lanka and said that India is contacting the commissioner to extend help.
“Disturbed to see this news. Am asking High Commissioner Baglay to contact and discuss how India can help @IndiainSL,” Jaishankar tweeted.
— Dr. S. Jaishankar (@DrSJaishankar) March 29, 2022
The Minister took cognizance of a tweet by a Sri Lankan journalist who informed that the scheduled surgeries at the Peradeniya Teaching Hospital were suspended due to a shortage of medicines and only emergency surgeries are taking place.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023