Suspect arrested with Rs.10 million worth heroin
Posted in Local News
A 24-year-old suspect has been arrested for being in possession of 1.3 kilograms of heroin in Vavuniya.
The heroin haul, seized by the Settikulam Police is estimated to be worth 10 million rupees.
Police said the suspect was arrested when he was transporting the haul of heroin on a Mannar bound bus from Colombo.
During interrogations, he had revealed that he had obtained the haul of heroin from a dealer and was intending on selling it to persons in Vavuniya.
The suspect, resident of Poonerym would be produced in the Vavuniya Magistrate’s Court today.
Settikulam Police is conducting further investigations.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
This vile scumbag must be felicitated today with Kiribath cooked with all of the seized 1.3KG of Heroin, all for him only to consume. The only thing I can give credit to the former Gamarala Pambaya was his endeavor to bring death penalty to the drug dealers. Too bad all his other wonky ideas/actions within the equally incompetent/corrupt Ponil led clan clouded him from getting credit for this one brave and resolute decision. Too bad that whereas Prez Duterte of the Phillipines succeeded in doing a grand scale drug-menace clean up, our this man just caved in and fell from grace.