Ten including children killed in van-bus collision
10 people have been killed in a vehicle collision reported along the Badulla, Mahiyanganaya road, opposite the Mahiyanganaya National School early this morning.
A head on collision had occurred at around 1.30 this morning between a van travelling from Badulla to Mahiyanganaya and a bus travelling from Trincomalee to Diyatalawa.
Police said four male and three women and three children were among the deceased.
The driver of the bus has been arrested.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023