Ten including children killed in van-bus collision
Posted in Local News
10 people have been killed in a vehicle collision reported along the Badulla, Mahiyanganaya road, opposite the Mahiyanganaya National School early this morning.
A head on collision had occurred at around 1.30 this morning between a van travelling from Badulla to Mahiyanganaya and a bus travelling from Trincomalee to Diyatalawa.
Police said four male and three women and three children were among the deceased.
The driver of the bus has been arrested.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023