The government says it has provided Rs. 5000 relief to 1.4 million families
The government says that more than 1.4 million families have been given a subsidy of Rs. 5,000.
More than 43,000 families have been given a dry food bag of Rs. 10,000.
The relief was granted during October and until November 10.
The Treasury has released Rs. 7.56 billion for this purpose.
10,000 bags of dry rations have been distributed to 7500 families in the Colombo District, 7,000 families in the Gampaha District and 4,000 families in the Kalutara District.
The government said the largest amount of funds had been allocated for the Rs. 5,000 subsidy, it’s 7.04 billion rupees.
In addition, the Treasury has allocated an additional Rs. 78.06 million for quarantine activities in 16 districts.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023