The National Plantation Awards Ceremony 2012
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
The National Plantation Awards Ceremony 2012, the first of its kind in Sri Lanka was held at Temple Trees recently under the patronage of President Mahinda Rajapaksa. The award ceremony was being held to recognize the contribution made to the national economy by the growers, industrialists, entrepreneurs, small holders, factory owners, regional planters, exporters in the plantation sector and reward them by presenting National Plantation Awards.
The National Plantation Awards Ceremony is an idea of Plantation Industries Minister and Presidential Special Representative on Human Rights, Mahinda Samarasinghe.
Minister Samarasinghe said this type of awards ceremony would encourage all stakeholders in the tea, rubber and other sectors to make more contributions towards the uplift of the national economy. Over 90 awards were presented to those who showed highest performance in the field at the ceremony.
Minister Samarasinghe also presented a special memento to President Mahinda Rajapaksa in recognition of his enormous service to the country and the plantation sector at the Plantation Awards 2012.
Economic Development Minister Basil Rajapaksa and Deputy Minister of Plantation Industries, Earl Gunasekera were also present.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023