Posted in Local News
Ruling party Parliamentarian Palitha Thewarapperuma has been arrested by the Colombo Crime Division (CCD), a short while ago, Police Spokesperson SSP Ajith Rohana said.
Thewarapperuma on Sunday (18) had forced an Agalawatta Pradeshiya Sabha UPFA member to kneel down at the Agalawatta town and then assaulted him.
The incident took place prior to the opening of a SLFP party office in Agalawatta.
President Maithripala Sirisena has also instructed the IGP o appoint a team of officers to investigate on the incident.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023