Those in power from 1990 to 1998 should respond, says Namal
Referring to the Pandora Papers where Two Sri Lankans were listed over their alleged transactions, Minister Namal Rajapaksa said the relevant transactions had happened in the period from 1990 to 1998 and thus those in power during that period should express their stance.
He told reporters today that there are two different viewpoints about the Pandora Papers; some say it is baseless whereas some say it is credible.
“However, when I visited the website, I came to know that the relevant transactions had been done in the period from 1990 to 1998 during when Former Presidents Chandrika Kumaratunga and R. Premadasa ruled the country,” he pointed out.
The Minister said many were pointing finger at Mahinda Rajapaksa and his regime which came to power in 2005 although the report has not stated any transactions done after 2005 but from 1990 to 1998.
“Then, who should be held responsible?,” he asked.
“Nirupama Rajapaksa is my aunt; however, despite being the relationship, the relevant transactions had been done between the said period and it’s nothing to do with Mahinda Rajapaksa regime,” he added.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Sheain Fernandopulle)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023