Three arrested at the Central Mail Exchange with 600 defamatory letters
Three persons have been arrested at the Central Mail Exchange with 600 letters defamatory of the President and inciting enmity among races, the Police Spokesman said.
The three arrested suspects are reportedly staff members of a powerful UNP Minister.
The letters were reportedly addressed to various Buddhist temples across the country.
The content of the letters in question are defamatory of President Maithripala Sirisena and also incite enmity among the population on the grounds of race and religion, police said.
The arrested are 28 year old, Karandeniya gedara Sampath Kumara, 41 year old Danusha Priyadarshana and 24 year old Thakshila Weerasena.
They are residents of Kandy- Wattegama, Alawwa, Polgolla
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023