Tourists arrested for indecent behavior near Buddha statue
Posted in Local News
Three foreigners have been arrested by Galle Police for behaving in an indecent manner near a Buddha statue.
The French tourists had reportedly taken photographs while behaving indecently and making derogatory gestures near a Buddha statue at the Embekke Temple in Kandy.
They had afterwards given the photographs to a photo studio in Galle to be developed. The owner of the studio had then contacted the police who in turn arrested the three French nationals.
The photographs taken by them have also been taken into custody.
The three tourists are to be produced before court today (21), police said.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023