Duminda will surrender on his return -Lawyer
Lawyers told the Colombo Magistrate today that MP Duminda Silva who is currently undergoing treatment abroad for injuries sustained at the Kolonnawa shootout will surrender, once he returns to the country after his recovery.
Silva’s lawyer said this in objection to an Interpol warrant sought by Counsel for slain Baratha Premachandra’s family to arrest Duminda Silva.
Counsel Hemantha Warnakulasuriya informed the magistrate that a warrant was not necessary, as his client Duminda Silva would surrender to court if the case still in progress by the time he arrived in Sri Lanka.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023