Duminda will surrender on his return -Lawyer
Posted in Local News
Lawyers told the Colombo Magistrate today that MP Duminda Silva who is currently undergoing treatment abroad for injuries sustained at the Kolonnawa shootout will surrender, once he returns to the country after his recovery.
Silva’s lawyer said this in objection to an Interpol warrant sought by Counsel for slain Baratha Premachandra’s family to arrest Duminda Silva.
Counsel Hemantha Warnakulasuriya informed the magistrate that a warrant was not necessary, as his client Duminda Silva would surrender to court if the case still in progress by the time he arrived in Sri Lanka.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
The question is whether he will “remember” to surrender?
“Hello, who is speaking?”
“Mother? I can’t remember you”
Obata mathaka nethi unata ada vage mathaki mata