Travel between provinces completely prohibited
Travel between the provinces will be restricted for two weeks from midnight today (13), Army Commander General Shavendra Silva said.
He said that inter-provincial travel restrictions are not applicable for those in the banking, agricultural, apparel, ports, tourism sectors & essential services.
Public transport services between the provinces will also be suspended.
Army commander stated that with effect from September 15, the public will be completely barred from entering public places without a vaccination card (fully vaccinated).
In addition, the Army Commander emphasized that the current health guidelines will be strictly enforced.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023