Trump says violence, terrorism against people of all faiths must end
President Donald Trump says people of faith around the world have faced terrible hardship of late.
Trump says violence and terrorism against people of all faiths must end, and that “all civilized nations must join together in this effort.”
Trump spoke Wednesday to faith leaders at a White House dinner in honor of the National Day of Prayer, an event that takes place Thursday.
Trump paid respects to Jewish-Americans killed and wounded last week at the Chabad of Poway synagogue in California. He also recalled the attacks on Christians in Sri Lanka last Easter and on Muslims in New Zealand the month before.
He also cited the burning of three black churches in Louisiana and last year’s shooting spree at a Pittsburgh synagogue.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023