10 terrorists buried without religious rituals
The bodies of ten terrorists, who died following the explosion that took place in a house in Sainthamaruthu, were buried today without religious rituals, Police Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekera said.
However, the bodies of the 06 children killed in the Sainthamaruthu explosions were buried as per the religious rites.
Sixteen persons including several suicide bombers were killed following the explosion on April 26 at a house when police hunted for suspects linked to the Easter Sunday bomb attack leader Mohamed Zahran Hashim.
Meanwhile, the elder sister of suicide bomber Mohamed Zahran, Muhammadu Cassim Madania was arrested by the Batticaloa Police yesterday along with Rs 2 million in cash given to her by the terrorist.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023