Two more elephants die and one injured in collision with trains
Two elephants have been killed and another elephant was critically injured in two train accidents.
Two wild elephants collided with a night mail train travelling from Colombo to Kankesanthurai, last night (20).
One of the elephants was killed in the accident while the other elephant was critically injured.
The accident has taken place at around 12 midnight.
Another elephant was killed in collision with the ‘Meenagaya’ train en route to Batticaloa from Colombo. This collision has occurred at around 1 am this morning (21).
The accident which occurred in Palugasweva area had derailed due to the collision.
As a result the train services have been confines to one railway track while the service is limited to Kekirawa area, says Railway Control Room.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Should impose fine for the drivers, they should be more vigilant while driving.