Two MPs temporarily removed from parliament chamber
Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena has instructed the Serjeant-at-Arms to remove MPs Thisakutti Arachchi and Chaminda Wijesiri from the parliament chamber for obstructing the proceedings of Parliament during the debate on the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) report on Sri Lanka.
The order was issued pursuant to Standing Order 79 of the Parliament.
The Speaker told the House that it is regrettable to witness such conduct from two MPs while an important debate is in progress.
Parliament convened today (April 08) in view of the current crisis situation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023