Two VAT scam absconders caught in Malaysia
Two Sri Lankans convicted over a major VAT scam case have been brought from Malaysia to Sri Lanka last night, the Police said.
The two persons had been arrested by the Malaysian Police and both convicts had been sentenced to serve jail terms over 100 years by a local court. The main suspect of the case is yet to be arrested and Police said that operations are ongoing to arrest him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023