U.S. Under Secretary for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland to visit Sri Lanka
Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland is scheduled to travel to Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, and Qatar from January 28 to February 03, 2023.
In Sri Lanka, the Under Secretary will mark the 75th anniversary of US-Sri Lanka relations and offer continued support of the United States for Sri Lanka’s efforts to stabilise the economy, protect human rights, and promote reconciliation, according to a statement by the U.S. State Department.
While in Nepal, Nuland will engage with the new government on the broad agenda of the U.S. partnership with Nepal.
In India, Nuland will lead the US-India annual “Foreign Office Consultations” which cover the full range of bilateral, regional, and global issues. She will also meet with young tech leaders.
Finally, in Qatar, the Under Secretary will discuss global issues under the framework of the U.S.-Qatar Strategic Dialogue. She will also engage counterparts on Qatar’s critical support for the relocation of Afghans with ties to the United States and our bilateral arrangement on the protection of US interests in Afghanistan, the U.S. State Department said further.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023