Underworld activities increased after 2015 – Prime Minister
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa claims the underworld activities increased sharply during the term of the previous good governance government.
Speaking during an election rally in Kurunegala, Prime Minister Rajapaksa said underworld activities and drug trafficking incidents increased by several folds after 2015.
The Premier said even some politicians used underworld figures and traffickers in their election campaigns.
The Prime Minister claimed that President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has launched a programme to eliminate the underworld and eradicate the drug menace.
The Prime Minister therefore requested the public to vote for a faction that can implement the policies of the Head of State.
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa also accused the United National Party-led administration of conspiring against the country by working with international powers.
(Source: News Radio)
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
what is the basis for your statement