UNP expels 115 party members
The Working Committee of the United National Party (UNP) has approved the removal of party memberships of 115 members, according party sources.
Among the expelled members are 54 members who submitted nomination from the Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) and another 61 Local Government members.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023