Look at past before believing promises – Prime Minister
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has urged the public to look at the past before believing promises made by candidates during election periods.
Speaking at a function in Minuwangoda yesterday, the Prime Minister said candidates who only announced promises during elections have been witnessed over the years, adding that one must determine if such persons have proven to be true public representatives.
Meanwhile Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa says it is a government’s main responsibility to ensure the safety of the people.
Addressing a rally in Negombo, the Premier said the new government will ensure national security and the people’s safety.
Prime Minister Rajapaksa charged the former government of failing to ensure security of both the country and its people.
The Prime Minister claimed that the 2019 Easter Sunday bombings were an example of their failure.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024