United Kingdom expresses concern over Prevention of Terrorism Act
British High Commission in Colombo says it is concerned about the reported use of the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA).
It added that the PTA is seen as inconsistent with respect for human rights.
The United Kingdom urges authorities to stand by their commitments to stop its use.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023