UNP MPs oppose move to appoint Wasantha Senanayake as Minister – Ranjan
A group of UNP MPs plan to oppose a potential move by its high-ups to appoint Wasantha Senanayake as a Cabinet Minister.
UNP MP Ranjan Ramanayake yesterday told the Daily News that they would oppose characters such as Senanayake, who are in the habit of crossing over to other parties at any given opportunity, must not be given any ministerial portfolios.
“Besides Wasantha Senanayake is an MP rejected by the public for his lack of commitment to anyone or any thing,” he added.
Meanwhile, reliable sources said that MPs Sarath Fonseka, A.H.M. Fowzie, Piyasena Gamage and Range Bandara will not be given Cabinet portfolios.
(Source: Daily News – By Duminda Senarath)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023