UNP opposed to resolution brought on SL by UNHRC
Posted in Local News
The main opposition UNP today assured that it is willing to support the government in any action that is taken on behalf of the country and it is fully opposed to any resolution that is being adopted on Sri Lanka by the UN Human Rights Council.
This sentiment was expressed by UNP’s official spokesman Gayantha Karunatilleke on behalf of the party at a news conference today.
Mr. Karunatilleke said the UNP is against any form of international intervention in Sri Lanka since it was the UNP which brought independence to the nation in 1948.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Another racist outburst from the racist party. It is likely aimed at the Sinhala Buddhist vote to prop their wimpy leaders ascension to the throne.
Spare a minute to look at the line-up of party leaders on the wall behind this clown. They all sowed seeds of communalism in the fabric of our society. It start with land grab, colonisation and end up with black Friday in 1983.
well done, we all srilankan to get together and fight against the bloody tamil disapora and the tamil tigers,we are one nation and one country…therefore we all srilankan
to show our unity, brave, and the kind and gentle,and this is how we won the war against the bloody tamil terrorists.God bless my motherland…please wake-up srilankan……
UNP has never helped to solve any problem during RW’s leadership.This seems to be a deviation perhaps to take political lineage over the national crisis.We shall not look into the horse’s mouth to check for its credibility.
Valuable comment Auto Crazy; not only RW but the previous leaders (except Dudley) were outwardly racist. The SLFP is a gem compared to the UNP. However the UNP enjoyed more minority support than the SLFP.
Hi Every body
Do not fight. It is evil. Let us get together and pray for a safer Sri Lanka.