UNP to place Gota’s fate in SF’s hands?
The UNP has sought to shift the responsibility for handling former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s citizenship to Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka, according to sources.
It was decided at a meeting between senior UNP ministers and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, yesterday, to have Fonseka appointed Minister of Internal Affairs.
The Internal Affairs Minister is responsible for issues related to citizenship.
The UNPers decided to nominate Field Marshal Fonseka for that post and convey their decision to the President’s office, yesterday itself.
The post of Internal Affairs is currently held by Minister Vajira Abeywardena in addition to the Home Affairs portfolio.
The Prime Minister’s Office has informed Fonseka of the decision and instructed him to monitor the ministry’s functions with immediate effect.
The nomination would be delivered to the President’s Office and President Maithripala Sirisena, who was scheduled to leave for Japan last evening. He will return on April 14.
(Source: The Island – By Saman Indrajith)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
My dear fellow Citizens, LOL….