US to present UNHRC resolution on Sri Lanka today
The United States are scheduled to present its resolution on Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council sessions today (March 15).
The presentation of the resolution has been entered into the official agenda of the day while amendments to the resolution were permitted to be presented before 1pm yesterday.
Taking into account the objections raised last Friday, the resolution will include an appreciation of the government’s efforts thus far on the Human Rights front.
Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe is also scheduled to address the council today. (Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023