Validity period of passports for minors reduced
The validity period of passports issued to minors has been reduced.
Issuing a communique, Immigration and Emigration Controller, Chulananda Perera has stated that the current ten year validity period of passports for those under the age of 16, has now been reduced to three years.
Thereby, the rates too have been amended.
The same day service for all-country passports is now Rs. 3500 while the normal service is Rs.1500.
The same day service for passports to Middle Eastern countries is Rs.1500 while the normal service is Rs.1000.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023