Validity period of passports for minors reduced
Posted in Local News
The validity period of passports issued to minors has been reduced.
Issuing a communique, Immigration and Emigration Controller, Chulananda Perera has stated that the current ten year validity period of passports for those under the age of 16, has now been reduced to three years.
Thereby, the rates too have been amended.
The same day service for all-country passports is now Rs. 3500 while the normal service is Rs.1500.
The same day service for passports to Middle Eastern countries is Rs.1500 while the normal service is Rs.1000.
Courtesy: News First
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
it got sense.